Friday, June 11, 2010

Library Hygiene

Please do not be offended if I take the phones off you to start my phone shift, and attack them madly with a disinfecting wipe. It is not because I think you are germy and infectous. I don't (unless you are). It's because I'm fairly sure that no one cleans the phones and my once fortnightly phone shift is the only time it happens.

Those phones get passed around from person to person and well, I've seen the state of the wipes when I've finished cleaning them.

My disinfecting may also continue to the borrowing counters during quiet weekend shifts*. Think of this not as neuroticism, but as a community service.

As always, happy to help.



* Last time I used half a pack of wipes on the counters and keyboards and each one ended up black. You're welcome.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Reenah, if you come up to Information Resources I keep a bottle of methylated spirits handy. Once a week I wipe my desk down with it. Someone in my department sneezes and I think sneezing is a disgusting habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Very Good Information, thank you. I'm always glad to see people on my ~wavelength~.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bottle of Pine O Clean spray at work and use it on my desk - also on the phones at the Information desk as there are colds and coughs abounding in my IA work environment most of the time.

    ReplyDelete